This website uses cookies, which cannot be used to personally identify you. If you continue to use the site we will assume that you agree with our use of cookies. Please read our privacy and cookies information to learn more.
Looking for a UK person?  Try UK People Search on
Looking for a UK person?
Try UK People Search on
William Lai & Co International Accountants

William Lai & Co International Accountants

Category: Accountants Category: Accountants

Address: 187-189, London Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S2 4LJ

Mobile: 07920 0... Mobile: 07920 0...
Landline: 0114 25... Landline: 0114 25...

 Website: Visit Website
 Message now

Report a problem with this listing

Business Profile

About Us Based in Sheffield, William Lai and Co is a competent firm offering professional accounting, taxation, VAT, capital allowances, business audit and planning services to clients throughout Sheffield and the neighbouring towns. Established in 2007 the firm has many years experience, particularly in the property investments and construction sector.

Helping clients to solve complicated tax issues in a timely manner, the company provides businesses with a professional accounting service. With up to date knowledge and fully qualified staff, the service is designed to be cost effective.

The firm is managed by William Lai who has been involved in the accounting profession for over 25 years. William Lai is well trained to run the firm, having previously worked for a big PLC, property investments and construction industry.

William Lai is a member of the Association of International Accountants (AIA) in the UK and Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA) in Hong Kong.

He practises under the practising certificate of AIA. He reads and writes good Chinese and English and he speaks fluent Cantonese and English and medium level of Putonghua. Therefore, he serves Chinese and English clients competently. No language barrier!

Business Start Up Before you start up your business you need to consider the following:

1) Sole trader, partnership or company

2) Source of capital

3) Consent, permits or licence for your business

Please click this link to the Business Link website where you will find loads of information regarding START UP A BUSINESS.

4) You will need to register with HMRC as soon as you have commenced trading otherwise there is a penalty.

When to register

It’s best if you register with HMRC as soon as your circumstances change. The latest you should register is by 5 October after the end of the tax year for which you need a tax return. The tax year runs from 6 April one year to 5 April the next.

If, for example, you have tax to pay on rent from a property in the 2011-12 tax year, you need to let HMRC know by 5 October 2012. If you register late you may have to pay a penalty.


0 Reviews

Leave a review

Is this your business?!

Claim now!
  • Add rich content via our editing tools
  • Remove ads from your listing
  • Appear more prominently in search results

Opening Hours

Monday to Friday
10:00 to 17:00

Saturday to Sunday